MGC Recruitment Information & FAQs
The primary purpose of the Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) at Mississippi State is to unite its members in order to share ideas and resources, promote mutual respect and equality, and provide a support network for involved students.
The Multicultural Greek Council at MississippiState University recognizes the need for coordination and cooperation in activities of intercollegiate Greek-letter organizations. With this, the Multicultural Greek Council serves as a formal organization to establish rules and regulations, guidelines, and provisions for all organizations involved.
The primary purpose of the MGC is to unite its member organizations in order to share ideas and resources, promote mutual respect and equality, and provide a support network for involved students.
Sorority: Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority
Fraternity: Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc.
MGC organizations use variations of a process known as membership intake to gain new members.
Each organization will decide when it will host an intake process. This is typically once every calendar year. The organization will pst flyers and other forms of notifications advertising the interest meeting or rush. Flyers are posted in the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life at least 2 weeks prior to the process or interest meeting.
These processes are discrete. Therefore, you will be informed of the timeline of the process, if you are selected for membership.
The average range to join a MGC organization ranges from $300-$500 (first semester) for one time initiation fees. After your initiation dues, you will have to pay semester dues to remain active. These dues range from $400-$800 per semester depending on the organization.
- Chapter programs and events
- Conference participation
- National and regional expenses
- Other operating costs as outlined by the organization
- Be currently enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- Earned at least a 2.5 MSU grade point average
- Be in good standing with the University
All organizations have requirements outside of the university’s. These include:
- Recommendation letters
- Community service hours
- See organization's national website for specifics
- Attend Shades of Starkville
- Attend MGC Interest Meeting
- Meet members of the chapters at their events and on camps (advertised on social media, Cowbell Connect, and flyers on campus)
- Research each organization
- Visit www.greeks.msstate.edu for updates and access to chapter information
- Attend chosen organization’s interest meeting or rush (flyers are in the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life)